Current Job Openings
~ Available September 15th ~
We are looking to hire a full time personal assistant, who is interested in a future in sales.
This position is an excellent opportunity, designed to set you up as a future sale horse professional, and to provide you invaluable in-person, hands-on experience in this field. This position pays well, but the majority of the opportunity while working this position, is in the knowledge that you will learn - and also in the path forward to you working off of a commission basis for a wage based which is off of your efforts, and you no longer working for an hourly/daily/weekly pay. This career path is not for everyone, and this position will provide you with valuable, real-life experience. It may look like we just ride absolutely incredible, gorgeous, fancy trained exceptional horses, in tropical glam environments, with our nicest clothes starched, and our hair and make up done,...but there is a whole lot more that goes on behind the scenes. This position is a ton of fun, and we do get to do some amazing things with exceptional horses, and we get to meet some really cool and unique people. However, there is a ton of hard work every single day, that goes on behind the scenes.
Must be a self starter, and have excellent people skills, be personable and kind. Someone with past retail or customer experience would be ideal.
Must possess very solid basic horsemanship skills, and not be a liability around a new set of rotating sale horses. We can not babysit you on your basics, while also grooming you to be a professional salesman. All applicants will be screened and your safety and basic horsemanship will be evaluated, you must be extremely solid in your basics, very self aware, and have a keen sense of risk management, for you to be a successful fit for this position.
Must have a clean driving record, and must be able to drive a truck and trailer, and pick up/drop off kids.
Must have a clean background check as well as submit to random drug screens.
Must be able to assist in regular weekly vet, farrier, dental, chiropractor appointments, as well as assist with sales photographers and videographers, vet checks, and sales appointments.
Must be available full time, a minimum of 5/6 days a week, 40-60 hours a week, and a minimum of 2 weekends every month.
Must be reasonably physically fit. This is a physically demanding job, you must care for yourself as a professional athlete would, to be successful in this position.
Your work will be primarily personal assistant work, but you must be willing and able to cover the daily chores (feeding, turnout, supplements, and cleaning up to 12 stalls) regularly at least 1 day each work week, and 1 weekend each month.
On site housing is available, if needed, but living on site is not a requirement of this position.
📲📞Serious inquiries ONLY call Ashley at 214-605-7174 📲📞
🏜 🌎🌵~ Located in Weatherford, TX ~ West of Fort Worth, TX 🌵🌎🏜
🛫🛳🚂 an hour from Dallas / Fort Worth International airport~ 🛫🚂🛳
~ we consider new hires for all positions, and new interns every single month! ~ If interested in applying, please fill out the form above!
On-site housing options
We currently have 2 bunkhouse style houses at Buster Ranch.
Bunkhouses are often used short term for interns, exchange students, and lesson program students (both youths and adults.) There are beds for 3-6 in each bunkhouse, and the bunkhouses' intended use is to provide overnight housing for students, interns, and temporary housing for workers.
This bunkhouse style housing is a perk of the job, and it is not intended to be long-term personal housing for any individual worker. Living on site in a bunkhouse, is a job perk that is available for certain positions. Living on site, is not a requirement of the job. This housing is often used in transition for new hires, and can help substantially financially if you are relocating to the area. There are many housing options available for workers, in Weatherford and in Mineral Wells.
The bunkhouses do have STRICT rules which are enforced:
1. NO VISITORS: Our facility is a private facility, and all visitors, must be arranged through the barn manager. If you are invited to stay in the bunkhouse housing, you are NOT welcome to invite others on to the private property, or into the bunkhouse housing. This housing is often offered to full time employees, seasonal employees, photographers/videographers who have traveled to do a short-term job here, interns, students, and lesson kids. This housing is NOT available to anyone working other jobs in the area, this housing is for those who are working here at the ranch only.
2. DOGS: Dogs and other pets are not welcome in the housing or on our facility. This facility is for customers, and for housing, sale fitting, riding, and videoing sale horses, - this facility, is not for your pet dogs. If a dog is allowed, it is to be on a leash, or in a dog yard, no exceptions. PLEASE DO NOT turn your dog loose on our manicured lawns to relieve itself, or turn it loose in our horse pastures, horse pens, arenas, or barns. We have a strict policy regarding loose dogs for the safety of our children, customers, workers, vets, farriers, dentists, and also our horses.
Loose dogs are not welcome here, or tolerated.
3. KITCHENS: Never eat food that you did not purchase. Always clean up after yourself. Never leave dirty dishes or cookware in the sink, if you use it, then wash it and dry it, right away after use.
4. HOURS Be respectful of others sleeping. Quiet time from 8PM to 8AM.
5. POWER: Turn it back off, if you turned it on.
The facility where we are currently located comfortably accommodates 35-45 but can house up to 65 head, and is always FULL with a large waiting list. Because of this, opportunities to bring personal non-sale horses to our facility are extremely limited, and are handled on a case by case basis.
It is a possibility, for the right intern or employee, to bring one horse. Cost per horse varies from $250-$750, depending on the care situation and whether in a large group pasture turnout, private run with shelter, shedrow barn, or show barn. Not all care options are always available.
There are no self-feed or self-care options available at our facility.
Additional vehicle, and trailer parking is also possibly available - for a monthly fee.
The property backs up to hiking trails and is a mile from trail head that goes to Fort Worth and the Chisolm Trails. We are in a gorgeous part of the world, in premier horse country.